DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION: HOW FAR, HOW FAST, HOW MUCH?
Date: Wednesday, 16th March
Time: 11.30am - 5:15pm
Location: Pan Pacific Perth, 207 Adelaide Terrace, Perth, WA, 6000
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intermedium’s Victorian Digital Transformation in Government half-day conference will give you a comprehensive picture of the Andrews Government’s plans for digital transformation following the release of its second budget.
The conference, to be held on Wednesday 31st August, will:
- Explore how the Victorian Government is tracking with its digital transformation agenda;
- feature government digital transformation case studies;
- present Intermedium research on progress to date and the 2016-17 funding picture; and
- offer a chance to share views with colleagues in government and industry.
Victoria’s operating surplus increased to $2.9 billion in 2016-17, thus allowing the government to modestly increase expenditure without risking their AAA credit rating. A number of key ICT projects received substantial backing in the budget – including $81 million towards the new digital service agency Service Victoria to spend on Whole-of-Government (WofG) service delivery over the next twelve months. The budget will also fund mobile police technology and land management systems upgrades.
Released in May, the Victoria’s Whole-of-Government 2016-2020 IT Strategy provides for a new data agency, ‘back office’ ICT reform, and a procurement ethos intended to guide purchase decision-making. The IT strategy will also address Victoria poor track record of ICT project management. Measures include an IT projects dashboard and a strengthened independent auditing program.
Understanding the digital transformation big picture is essential for anyone involved in improving services to citizens, or improving the efficiency and effectiveness of their agency.
- Address digital transformation directions and challenges;
- provide case studies of successful digital transformations; and
- participate in a moderated panel discussion;
- provide a comprehensive overview of the Victorian Government’s digital readiness; and
- outline VIC's funding profile, priorities, trends and level of funded transformation initiatives.
Invest half a day of your time in this conference to get a comprehensive picture of where your jurisdiction sits in its digital transformation journey, and be in a position to make more informed decisions about digital transformation in your own agency.