Winning Government Bids
Demystifying the process of selling to government
This course is a must for any company currently disappointed with its government win rate.
Winning Government Bids is relevant for any sales, marketing, legal or technical personnel involved in responding to public sector procurement processes.
The root cause of low win rates is that companies commonly appoint resources to bid teams based on their solution skills and knowledge rather than on their knowledge of government bid response best practice.
In addition, tender response such best practice is rarely retained corporately; it leaves with the resource. This in turn means that training in responding to government bids is an ongoing training.
In a further problem is that, government attitudes, policy and procurement practices, meaning that bid personnel need to stay up to date with such changes and their implications for the response.
Intermedium's Winning Government Bids course addresses these problems.
This course is offered several times throughout 2017 (see calendar) and can be conducted in-house, provided there are at least six attendees. Please contact Intermedium to discuss your requirements.
Topics covered include:
- Qualifying bids
- Building a unified response outline
- Writing for public sector evaluators
- Managing and responding to risk
- Conducting win/loss reviews.
Presented as day two of out Selling to Government training program, Winning Government Bids follows Intermedium’s Fundamentals of Government Sales Success course.
Investing over the two courses will leverage attendees’ sales effectiveness through reinforcement of key concepts, but it is not mandatory that both courses are attended.
Location and Dates
|Sydney||Thursday 2 March||Thursday 20 July|
|Canberra||Wednesday 31 May||Thursday 17 August|
|Melbourne||Thursday 18 May||Thursday 31 August|
*Hotels to be confirmed in CBD
Winning Government Bids will ensure attendees:
- Write more compelling responses based on their understanding of the needs and attributes of government evaluators or decision makers
- Are more confident in their understanding of government procurement processes
- Know how to use the bid process to competitive advantage
- Understand the fundamental do’s and dont's for bid responses.
Your company will:
- Improve opportunity conversion, by being more selective in choosing when to bid
- Reduce operational costs, because the bid team have become more knowledgeable, confident and efficient
- Increase its win rate, by producing responses which are optimised to receive the highest achievable scores.
Your team will:
- Have a clearer understanding of the processes involved
- Understand the perspectives of government evaluators
- Know the importance of identifying and addressing both explicit and implicit selection criteria
- Be able to explain the context of specified requirements to company management or the legal team
- Understand where to focus their efforts and time to gain the maximum return.
1. Understanding the procurement process
2. Signalling understanding of the agency and its requirements
3. Bid preparation
Contact Intermedium for a more detailed course outline.
Winning Government Bids is presented by Judy Hurditch and a member of Intermedium’s network of experts who can provide deep insights into bid evaluations, based on their personal experience.
Program Facilitator and Managing Director of Intermedium.
Since founding Intermedium in 2004, Judy has become a highly regarded specialist on the Government marketplace and has conducted numerous training courses and events. Judy has extensive knowledge about both federal and state jurisdictions, and the characteristics, size and other attributes of their ICT markets.
Judy was a Deputy Commissioner of Taxation when she left the Australian Public Service. She has an MBA from the Australian Graduate School of Management.