Dominant in the overall Federal Government ICT marketplace, the Department of Defence is even more dominant in the market for Hardware. In 2005-06, Defence accounted for almost half of the $533 million hardware contracts awarded, by value.
More than 4,000 ICT contracts incorporating Hardware were signed by Federal Government agencies in the 12 months to June 2006. This is up almost 25% on the previous year.
Key findings from the Hardware Report
- One third of contracts were worth more than $5 million
- The value of desktop contracts more than doubled compared with 2004-05
- Storage sales increased almost 300% on the 2004-05 year
- Defence accounted for almost half the hardware contracts by value
- IBM lost the #1 Hardware Supplier ranking it has held for the last two years
Intermedium examines all contracts to identify hardware purchases. The broad Hardware category is then analysed according to eight sub-categories: Desktop, Input, Laptop, LCS,Network, PDA, Printer and Storage. The resulting analysis is consolidated into an Excel-format report that can be searched, sorted and incorporated into your own reports.
For more information on the Hardware Report click here.
To order a copy of the Hardware Report email Leah Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org