Centrelink Deputy CEO-IT, John Wadeson, will address issues surrounding labour hire from the perspective of one of the major users of labour hire services at the forthcoming Intermedium Labour Hire Market Briefing.
As a Tier 1 agency (spending more than $100m per annum on ICT) Centrelink is a major user of labour hire services, reporting more than 250 individual contracts for temporary and contract staff during the 2008-09 financial year. John's insights will be of interest to both suppliers and other Federal Government agencies.
The Intermedium Federal Labour Hire Market Briefing to be held in Canberra on Tuesday, 16 September, will provide a comprehensive view of the Federal Government ICT labour hire market for 2007-08. Intermedium will report on:
- Size of the market in 2007-08 and how it compares with the previous year
- Spending patterns across agencies and where future opportunities may arise
- Key drivers in the labour hire market
- The supplier leaderboard - winners and losers amongst labour hire suppliers
- Areas of potential skill demand and shortage
John Wadeson will also launch a new Federal Labour Hire Index developed by Intermedium - a powerful indicator of trends in the Federal Government ICT labour hire market.