Minister for Finance and Services Dominic Perrottet has launched the NSW Location Intelligence Strategy. The intent of the Strategy is improve the delivery of essential services via the use of spatial information.
The aim of the Strategy is to ‘maximise the value of location intelligence in decision making, planning and service delivery for the benefit of the NSW Government, industry and communities.’
The Strategy outlines five strategic initiatives:
- Build awareness, capacity and capability;
- Integrate governance and coordination;
- Identify and manage government location-based data;
- Link NSW Government data to location; and
- Leverage whole-of-government location platforms and services.
Mr Perrottet says the Strategy provides a blue print for government agencies on how to use the data and will help them make smart, informed decisions and develop greater ‘location intelligence.’
The implementation of the NSW Location Intelligence Strategy will be guided by an action plan. The plan will identify and assign priority actions to specific tasks for each initiative.