In other public sector ICT and digital news for 9 August 2021:
- WA Innovation Minister Don Punch has recently pushed for the state’s government to reshape its innovation priorities to deliver better services and grow industries.
- An official report from the federal government has found that the COVIDSafe app has been rarely used in the year since it was introduced.
- The Department of Defence has named Celia Perkins as its new Deputy Secretary of Estate and Infrastructure, while Home has appointed Nicole Spencer as the First Assistant Secretary.
- NSW will be expanding trials of its digital identity card to over 200 suburbs across Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains.
- Skill Finder and Commonwealth bank are teaming up to help fill the national skills gap by offering free online digital courses.
- The Department of Education, Skills and Employment has invested $4 million in cyber security contracts with local firms to probe its cyber defences.