South Australia’s new portal for Low Risk ICT Projects is intended to streamline the procurement of ICT project services up to the value of $100,000.
The non-mandatory portal enables agencies to obtain ICT project services from pre-qualified suppliers and can be used to exchange supplier statements, RFQs and RFQ responses, as well as project reviews from the agency and supplier.
It is expected to present a number of benefits for agencies and suppliers, including:
- Reducing the risk and costs associated with procurement by providing pre-arranged contract conditions that have been accepted by panel suppliers;
- Improving supplier access to government ICT procurement and offering agencies an assortment of ICT suppliers to choose from;
- Enhancing government information sharing;
- Providing the ability to bypass Crown Solicitors advice for the preparation of contracts; and
- Simplifying the supplier engagement process by using templates that have previously been assembled.
Projects above $20,000 including GST will incur a 2% State Levy to finance the management and development of the panel.
The panel will incorporate several professional project services including governance design and implementation, strategy development and implementation, project analysis, capacity planning, ITIL related services, project management, general and strategic consulting, and other specialist ICT projects.