As reported previously in the medium, the NSW Government is establishing a new ICT Services contract that will offer a comprehensive range of ICT services in over 30 different categories, and 130 sub-categories.
The ICT Services Supplier Panel was awarded at the February State Contracts Control Board meeting. From a field of around 400 respondents, the Department of Commerce says over 200 suppliers are currently in the process of signing up as vendors on the Approved Supplier Panel.
A new ePortal will play an integral role in allowing agencies online access to information about vendor capability, performance and project experience. Government buyers will be able to request single or multiple quotes via the ePortal, with expected savings in time and price.
Completion of the ePortal is now scheduled for May/June 2009.
The ICT Services contract will manage the procurement of ICT services worth more than $90 million per year. Eight contracts will be incorporated into the new ICT Services Contract, some of which are still current but will be phased out by the end of October 2009:
- 864 Geographical Information Systems
- 2001 IT Consultants
- 2036 Software Development Consultancy Services
- 2067 Site Telecommunications Cabling
- 2069 Data Comm Lan/Wan Network Products, Integration and Consultancy
- 2305 Internet Services and Products
- 2319 Information Security Services
- 2351 Unique ICT Products and Services