First there was FuelWatch, then GroceryWatch, now there's WebWatch.
The Australian Human Rights Commission has launched WebWatch to name and shame Government agencies whose websites contain material that is inaccessible to people with disabilities. Four agencies have already been named.
With the aim of encouraging agencies to provide information in forms that comply with the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act, WebWatch will:
- Post details of the offending agency on its website
- Advise the agency concerned as well as AGIMO
- WebWatch currently lists the following agencies, all for providing significant publications only in PDF.
- Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism
- Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
- Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare publications.