THE GOVERNMENT AS A BUYER
Inform your Workforce, Engage Strategically and Execute Effectively
The Government as Buyer covers some general aspects of the government market, such as accountability framework, budget cycle, hierarchy and decision making, as well as information specific to the jurisdiction(s) applicable to your company's target market. The course aims to enhance the knowledge and capabilities of sales personnel to improve your organisation's ability to sell to government.
Both federal government and NSW government versions of this course are offered, and all content is tailored to the specific requirements of the organisation.
Your company can expect to immediately improve its probability of successful government sales. The Government as Buyer course will:
- Demystify the process of selling to government and the nature of government ICT markets across Australia;
- Provide market intelligence to effectively plan and pursue government business in the desired jurisdiction(s); and
- Provide knowledge and understanding to your team, enabling them to engage government decision makers with confidence and credibility.
Government as Buyer in-house training course participants will receive:
- An invaluable interactive learning experience;
- The full set of presentation slides; and
- A comprehensive course manual.
The intended outcome of this course to provide information that allows both your company and its team to have more success in engaging with government ICT market.
Your compay will be more able to:
- Develop solutions and sales processes which are tailored to government needs;
- Develop messaging and value propositions which resonate well with a government audience; and
- Have confidence that their bid team is maximising their return on effort.
Course participants will be more able to:
- Act on the basis of their understanding of buyer attributes and of the market;
- Place market occurrences in context and explain these to company management; and
- Have informed conversations with senior government decision makers.
Program Facilitator and Managing Director of
Since founding Intermedium in 2004, Judy has become a highly regarded specialist on the Government marketplace and has conducted numerous training courses and events. Judy has extensive knowledge about both federal and state jurisdictions, and the characteristics, size and other attributes of their ICT markets.
Prior to her commercial sector experience, Judy spent almost twenty years in the public sector, predominantly in IT-related project management and business system roles. These roles included senior executive service roles within the Australian Taxation Office as well as in a NSW Government corporation, senior project roles at the then Department of Social Security and senior project management roles at the Office of Asset Sales.
The course is generally conducted in conjunction with a senior ex-government decision maker, often an ex-CIO as the guest presenter based on their government role(s), such presenters provide highly valued insights and direct and practical advice drawn directly from experience within the industry.
To discuss your organisation's in-house training needs, contact our Program Facilitator Judy Hurditch.