Taking the Digital Pulse for 2018-19
Understanding the heart of Government ICT market.
The 2018-19 budgets will as always be a major determinant of ICT spending by agencies, but there are several other factors which will shape the government ICT market in the coming year.
Australian governments across jurisdictions are pushing ahead with their digital transformation agendas – however, agencies are operating in an increasingly constrained fiscal environment.
The market is also changing. New players are entering the market as governments drive procurement reform with real teeth. Multi-year ‘waterfall’ projects are continuing to drop from favour, with the emphasis now on small and agile projects. New technologies are being adopted, with cloud, data analytics and artificial intelligence taking centre stage in the public sector.
Intermedium is once again conducting its popular budget briefing series, held in and tailored to each major jurisdiction, providing the necessary background to allow attendees to consider the changing ICT ecosystem and plan their 2018-19 strategies from a more informed position.
Intermedium will highlight the impact on ICT delivery of public sector reforms, including procurement and changing governance arrangements, so that you can become the change partner.
It will draw on its ICT budget and contracts databases and other research to look past the hype and point to agencies’ likely technology decisions.
The dates and panellists for each of the briefings are as follows:
- Federal - 14 June, Radi Kovacevic, Matt Jones and more to be announced soon
- Victoria - 27 June, Dr Steve Hodgkinson, Nigel Cadywould and more to be announced soon
- Queensland - 18 July, Andrew Mills, Jenson Spencer and Cathy Ford
- NSW - 1 August, Damon Rees, Chris Bennetts, Greg Wells and Daniella Mckenzie
- WA - 9 August Andy Wood, Jane Larke and more to be announced soon
- SA - 19 October Eva Balan-Vnuk, Karin Geraghty and Bill Le Blanc
To find out more please contact us.