In other public sector ICT and digital news:
- The NSW Audit Office has discovered a number of significant cyber security vulnerabilities within systems at Transport for NSW and Sydney Trains. This comes in the same week as major cyber attacks on the NSW Department of Education.
- Victoria has announced plans to develop a $35 million spatial digital twin to inform governmental planning and investment decisions.
- Leaders from across Australian governments have signed off on an intergovernmental agreement which will make data sharing mandatory across all jurisdictions for policy development and service delivery.
- The federal government has proposed a mandatory code of practice for securing consumer-grade IoT devices in a discussion paper from the Department of Home Affairs.
- The DTA has issued a request for tender for suppliers to join its Hardware Marketplace Panel arrangement to cover the categories of Enterprise Storage, Network Equipment and Data Cabling Services.